Seven Locks PTA
Hello SLES Parents, Students, Teachers & Community,
It's my honor to begin my second term as PTA President and continue to be of service and build on our successes from last year with my amazing new 2017-2018 PTA Board and dozens of volunteers who have stepped up to lead our programs and support the school. I invite you to introduce yourself to our PTA Board team and to come join us at events to meet your fellow parents (and future friends), to volunteer your time to assist your teachers (who work tirelessly to educate your children) and to support our students (our young leaders in training).
My leadership themes for this year include celebrating successes, building a more inclusive and connected community, learning from and embracing change, exploring opportunities to inspire and advance our children in new ways as young future leaders, implementing more STEM focused activities, improving information sharing and using online social media, creating a culture of service among our wildcats and also challenging you, each member of our parent community, to step up and give at least 1 Hour this coming year. Imagine if every smart, talented parent (that’s each of you) scheduled and gave at least one hour of service to our school. I’ll paraphrase one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books and say “oh, imagine the places SLES could go!”
My vision is simple. I want us to continue our collective mission of excellence as a SLES PTA and support our students, teachers, staff, parents and community:
* We support our educators in creating an environment that provides for the optimal academic, social and character development of every SLES student
* We Invite ideas and input and feedback to continually expand and improve
* We engage, collaborate and encourage a culture of inclusion
* We support and embrace our SLES diversity of thought, talents and cultures
* We appreciate and celebrate successes of our students, administrators, teachers, parents & volunteers.
* We actively advocate on behalf of the interests of our collective SLES community
* We offer programming and services that enhance the overall SLES experience
We look forward to meeting you or reconnecting soon at orientation, sneak peak events, upcoming PTA sponsored events and Back to School nights. I invite you to share your ideas with me to on how we can better serve you and your families to make this a fantastic year for our SLES community.
SLES PTA President